Duncan Scott Davidson's rant about fixed-gear bikes is causing a ruckus.
"Your article is based on ignorance, stereotypes, and one bad experience shared by your friend. You are not qualified to have written this article."
"Dude! I couldn't agree more! I'm glad to see someone else is finally taking up the cause against these damn hipsters! I myself have started a campaign against the entire Mission district, since most hipsters live there. I mean, respect to the old-school heads, but it's just not all that impressive."
"'The fixed-gear is to 2006 what the Razor scooter was to 1996: a wheeled freak show for wannabes.' -- a lot of other morons probably said the same thing about skateboards. Yeah, that was just a fad, you don't see anyone riding a board anymore."
Sarah Phelan's piece about the Lusty Lady's union vs. co-op status caught some fire.
"This story is a one-sided piece of rubbish, suitable for lining of the bottom of bird cages and nothing else."
"When I was in Seattle, I used to go to the Lusty Lady there and end up spending quite a bit, because the girls were hot and the shows were hot (both stage and Private Pleasures). At the SF Lusty Lady, I only rarely see a girl I find attractive, so I go there only rarely, really just to check on whether anything has changed or not."
"Maybe support staff needs to spend more time mopping and cleaning, i.e. doing their job, and less time cruising the internet."
In the blogs
Johhny Ray Huston at the Vancouver Film Festival
Our virgin intern goes to Folsom Street Fair
Girl Talk talks
Junior Boys interview
Rob Black cash kerfuffle
Arnold torpedoes transparency
Most Commented On
- OK - calm down - December 5, 2013
- You sound very intolerant. Why the hate? - December 5, 2013
- We aren't asking you to feel sorry for landlords, Yo. - December 5, 2013
- He is only here for an hour a day? - December 5, 2013
- No, just crazy whack jobs. - December 5, 2013
- At that link (19 Signs You - December 5, 2013
- Why don't you tell us what - December 5, 2013
- So its pretty much - December 5, 2013
- The Ellis act is the law and - December 5, 2013
- Well to begin with, you live - December 5, 2013