Film School Benefits
Local artists band together for the SF rockers, who recovered their stolen Econoline but lost their gear. Nuke Infusion, Cheetah Speed, and Henry Miller Sextet perform Wed/26, 9 p.m., Bottom of the Hill, 1233 17th St., SF. $8 sliding scale. (415) 621-4455. Lovemakers, Oranger, and Boyskout play Fri/28, 10 p.m., Bottom of the Hill. $15 sliding scale. www.filmschoolmusic.com.
Amadou and Mariam
You have to be, er, deaf to be immune to the sight-free duo's vocal charms. Local mixologist Cheb i Sabbah opens. Fri/28, 9 p.m. Bimbo's 365 Club, 1025 Columbus, SF. $25. (415) 474-0365.
Pirate Cat Radio 87.9 FM 10-Year Anniversary
Yar — Insaints, Mr. T Experience, and others get on board. Fri/28, 8 p.m., Annie's Social Club, 917 Folsom, SF. $6–$20. (415) 974-1585.
A Mighty Ruckus
Check the chrome on custom cars and clear the (ear) wax with Fabulous Disaster, Black Furies, Fleshies, Grannies, Teenage Harlets, and others. Sat/29, 2 p.m., Bay Area Motor Club, 1598 Custer, SF. Free. (415) 756-6409.
The Oakland church-sitters loop you in with Halos and Lassos (Asthmatic Kitty). Tues/2, 9:30 p.m., Hemlock Tavern, 1131 Polk, SF. $5. (415) 923-0923. SFBG
Most Commented On
- Hard-working Asian city? Love it. - April 16, 2014
- Benito as in Mussolini? - April 16, 2014
- Sssh... a movement like this - April 16, 2014
- New students are not enrolling at CCSF because they see it is - April 16, 2014
- The case against CCSF is so compelling that no appeal is - April 16, 2014
- People like Greg always call anyone who disagrees with their - April 16, 2014
- Except that there is not a shred of evidence that the death of - April 16, 2014
- Is there anything SEIU does not have an opinion about? - April 16, 2014
- Cynthia Crews cannot claim to speak for the people - April 16, 2014
- Fat is the new Starving - April 16, 2014